Friday, June 01, 2007

Thing 11: Library Thing


11. Take a look at LibraryThing and catalog some of your favorite books.


Okay, I catalogued a few titles. I like this database - what's really neat is that your list of materials is housed ELSEWHERE. If I had a fire in my home, I'd have a list of the titles that need to be replaced. Now if I could catalog my electronics stuff... I especially like being able to view my titles in several different ways. The only problem I have with LibraryThing is that there is no real registration process, and no way of recovering your password if you should forget it. Every time I tried a different password, it created an account for me. Perhaps they dump empty accounts every so often?




On your right you will see the three books I have catalogued so far. I love that the covers are shown.



http://www.librarything.com/catalog.php

No comments: