Friday, July 25, 2008

Peace Village

 

I am having a little R&R at Peace Village in Haines Falls, NY. It's beautiful here in the Catskills. So far, I've walked a labyrinth for the first time. I wasn't sure what exactly I was supposed to be thinking about - perhaps nothing but the labyrinth. All I could think at the time was "When will I be done with doing this labyrinth?" Typical for me at retreats. It takes me about a whole day to really slow down from the rat race. Also takes about that long for the ringing in my ears to stop. I am so used to the constant hum of city noise that my ears need time to detox, I suppose.

The view here is also very nice - other mountains, rocks, a reflecting pool (haven't seen that yet).

The accomodations here are kind of so-so: Everything is clean, but rather old. I would say that it's 4-star for camping out, but 1-star for a real hotel. Considering the price of the retreat, which was a song ("We'll accept any donation."), it's a steal. More later as I learn about the actual retreat.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: